In Times of Social Distancing: Freewrite!

Freewriting is creating an intentional space for unstructured. This writing is uncensored and has no other purpose than to allow creative, free associative thinking.  It’s important that it’s done on paper, to allow the mind-body [...]

Wellness Writing Tips

Suffering from writer’s block? Take a break! Try taking a shower or a short walk, then come back to your writing with fresh eyes.   Avoid burnout! While working on your writing, remember to give [...]

Get Cozy With A Book

While deep in the dissertation process, it can be very helpful to have  “friendly” books nearby that help ignite awareness of "writer within." While some dissertation writers feel they need to quarantine themselves from any [...]

Finding Clarity Despite the Clutter

Like many, I multi-task throughout the day, juggling various responsibilities at the computer. Today, I’m juggling emails, finishing reports, editing texts, and writing this reflection.  If I am not careful, a variety of documents stack [...]

Calm Your Mind in Chaos

Like many writers, I spend much time researching and preparing to write, and my office is quickly littered with stacks of books, folders, and scribbled pages. What might appear as disorder is actually a reflection of my exploration [...]