The Writers’ Exchange Congratulates Bonnie Curtis on
the Successful Completion of Her Dissertation!

For my dissertation titled “How Should Bosses Lead? New Revelations from Frontline Managers,” I interviewed 20 frontline managers in large consumer products companies using grounded theory methodology. The data revealed four steps that a boss can take to care for the crucial frontline manager during times of change:
How Should Bosses Lead? New Revelations From Frontline Managers

Dr. Curtis reflects and shares a little about her process…

How has the Writer’s Exchange professional coaching/editing support promoted your academic and/or professional success?

I am an engineer by training and spent my career perfecting the one-page memo. Scholastic writing has been one of my biggest challenges throughout this program. Although my writing has improved dramatically, I still relied on WEX to assure this dissertation has the professionalism, credibility and polish suitable for the university and the topic.

What advice would you give to others writing a dissertation?

This last stretch of the PhD program is all-consuming. The dissertation will be with you as you sleep, work, exercise and cook dinner. WEX is the last step in a long journey. If you can afford to, pay them to make corrections. If not, we are starting a scholarship for just this purpose. Apply and be Ph-Done!

What are your next steps in your academic/professional career?

I will be teaching a Master’s level supply chain course and have already begun submitting articles about my research to appropriate journals.

Congratulations, Dr. Curtis, PhD, Graduate School in Leadership & Change, Antioch University!