Please join The Writers’ Exchange in congratulating Dr. Marianne V. Kramer in the successful completion of her dissertation:

The Impact of Career Experiences on Generativity and Postretirement Choices for Intelligence Community Baby Boomers

Dr. Marianne Kramer’s research focuses on the impact of a career in a mission-focused profession on an individual’s sense of generativity and the subsequent impact on choices of activities in postretirement. The research has the potential to impact generative leadership for both employers and employees, in addition to impacting policy for older adults.

WEX is always interested in learning from successful writers about their process. Here, Dr. Marianne Kramer shares a few pointers:

What advice would you give to others writing a dissertation?

I would advise PhD students to consider using WEX editing services because they are fast and efficient.

How has WEX professional coaching/editing support promoted your academic and/or professional success?

WEX staff quickly reviewed my dissertation and identified both format changes I had missed, and found the typos and inconsistencies in the content I had overlooked.  It is comforting to have access to these responsive professional editing services.

What are your next steps in your academic/professional career?

Following graduation, I plan to work with my outside committee member who expressed interest in working with me on future publications. I am looking forward to sharing results from my research with a wider audience.

Marianne V. Kramer, PhD, Graduate School in Leadership & Change, Antioch University