Please join The Writers’ Exchange in congratulating LaTanya White in the successful completion of their dissertation:

Dynastic and Generative Intent for First-Generation Black Wealth Creators in a Modern Racial Enclave Economy

My research explores the implication of entrepreneurship and the racial wealth gap. I concluded that entrepreneurship curricula and business development training need to be redesigned through a lens of racial equity and should incorporate the constructs of Dynastic Wealth™ if we want to see any changes in the economic mobility of historically oppressed groups.

WEX is always interested in learning from successful writers about their process. Here, Dr. LaTanya White shares a few pointers:

What advice would you give to others writing a dissertation?

The most important thing that I experienced in my doctoral journey was being excited about what I was learning and how sharing that could improve the lives of others. During the hardest parts of the journey, this excitement—and the possibility of serving others at a high level—sustained me and propelled me to keep pushing.

What are your next steps in your academic/professional career?

As the Principal Consultant of Concept Creative Group, I leveraged my experience as an entrepreneurship educator with my dissertation research to design a signature program called BRACE For Impact. The BRACE Framework provides an immersive experience that centers Belonging, Racial Access, Historical Context, and Racial Equity for Black entrepreneurs and the organizations that support them in their pursuit of economic equality.

LaTanya White, PhD, Graduate School in Leadership & Change, Antioch University