Please join The Writers’ Exchange in congratulating Bonnie Curtis in the successful completion of her dissertation:

How Should Bosses Lead? New Revelations from Frontline Managers

For my dissertation titled “How Should Bosses Lead?  New Revelations from Frontline Managers”, I interviewed 20 frontline managers in large consumer products companies using grounded theory methodology. The data revealed four steps that a boss can take to care for the crucial frontline manager during times of change.

WEX is always interested in learning from successful writers about their process. Here, Dr. Bonnie Curtis shares a few pointers:

How has WEX professional coaching/editing support promoted your academic and/or professional success?

I am an engineer by training and spent my career perfecting the one-page memo. Scholastic writing has been one of my biggest challenges throughout this program. Although my writing has improved dramatically, I still relied on WEX to assure this dissertation has the professionalism, credibility and polish suitable for the university and the topic.

What advice would you give to others writing a dissertation?

This last stretch of the PhD program is all consuming. The dissertation will be with you as you sleep, work, exercise and cook dinner. WEX is the last step in a long journey. If you can afford to, pay them to make corrections. If not, we are starting a scholarship for just this purpose. Apply and be Ph-Done!

What are your next steps in your academic/professional career?

I will be teaching a Master’s level supply chain course and have already begun submitting articles about my research to appropriate journals.

Bonnie Curtis, PhD, Graduate School in Leadership & Change, Antioch University