Please join The Writers’ Exchange in congratulating Rosalind Cohen in the successful completion of her dissertation:

The Relationships between Dimensions of Inclusive Leadership and Aspects of Employee Engagement: Crucial Connections for Organizational Success

My three-phased exploratory concurrent mixed-methods research explored the relationship between Inclusive Leadership, Employee Engagement, and identity. The research findings indicate that inclusive leadership is related to aspects of employee engagement while providing a pragmatic model for use by Human Resources Professionals in the hiring and retaining of qualified talent.

WEX is always interested in learning from successful writers about their process. Here, Dr. Rosalind Cohen shares a few pointers:

How has WEX professional coaching/editing support promoted your academic and/or professional success?

The team at WEX had my back. I knew that I would get clear, concise, and important editing feedback from the team that would help get me across the finish line. They were supportive and top-notch allowing me to finish and publish within the timeline that I set for myself.

What advice would you give to others writing a dissertation?

Get a writing group of people who will help to hold you accountable to a writing practice. I met with several groups of Ph.D. colleagues over the course of writing my dissertation, and this helped me hold space to get the work done, kept me accountable to myself, and allowed me to create an amazing group of people that I now call friends.

What are your next steps in your academic/professional career?

That is a great question. I am still figuring that out, but I know it will include additional research on leadership and employee engagement, as well as helping leaders create cultures that support and encourage diversity and belonging.

Rosalind Cohen, PhD, Graduate School in Leadership & Change, Antioch University